Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fat Saturday?

Whoops!  I was a little busy yesterday so didn't have a chance to post this week's results

Starting Weight: 319.5
Ending Weight: 318
Net Change: 1.5 lbs

So not a very impressive week, per se, but also not awful.  I did have a cheat day as well due to the necessity of my position, so that may have been a contributing factor.  I also stole an onion ring from a friend's plate on 3 different occasions this week, but overall my carb intake is still significantly lower than my normal diet.

All of this has happened thus far without any significant exercise.  I've been active and gone on walks here and there, but I've been lax in hitting the gym.  I fully expect this is part of the problem.

And still, 1.5 lbs in a week isn't awful.  It's just not impressive.  I'm not discouraged at present, and am actually finding some aspects of this diet to be very sustainable, not as a "diet" but as a general lifestyle change.  Whether I'll continue to feel that way is up for debate.

2 comments:

  1. Really, a pound and a half is about as much as you want to drop in a week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get my invite to Fitocracy David? It might have gone to your spam email folder…

    It basically makes working out an RPG. You get experience points and gain levels for logging your workouts. There are quests and achievements and it’s all social so you can follow people similar to twitter and join groups. It is currently in beta so it’s not perfect but it’s free to play and the creators are pretty active in adding new content every week. I signed up earlier this week and I’ve hit the gym more in the past week than I have in the past month… so it seems to work pretty well for motivation. And I got Jenny on there too so you can do it with us!! They also have a pretty active forum for suggestions and such as far as game mechanics and quests and buffing and nerfing certain things. You seem like you might have some ideas for the RPG aspect of it.. I remember you talking about doing something similar in the past.

    Here is the link if you want to try it out, let Isaac and whoever else know, they will have to use that link to sign up because it is currently invite only for beta.
    http://ftcy.co/mnT7HG

    ReplyDelete