Friday, July 29, 2011

Fell Through the Cracks a Bit, didn't it?

I have nothing to apologize for, of course.  Those few amazingly awesome friends who read my blog aren't holding their breaths in eager anticipation for my next musings.  The world is not going to explode, nor implode, if I don't share my thoughts about x, y, or z.

Yet I still feel guilty for not posting over the last month or so.

Obviously the Fat Friday thing has been put on hold, mostly because I became fairly convinced that the diet does, indeed, work.  I've been experimenting with just avoiding carbs when I make my own food, but I've found it's too lax an excuse.  I'm stable at 314 (net loss of 16 lbs from starting the diet), but I haven't really changed from that weight in 3-4 weeks.  I need to go back to forcing myself to keep with the lifestyle if I want to lose weight, and I'd really like to break 300 before Christmas.  It's a silly little thing, I know, but I haven't weighed less than 300 since high school.

On the other hand, losing weight still isn't a primary objective for me or my life.  I'm convinced the diet works, and it works well.  I'm also convinced that life is too short to completely cut yourself off from the experiences you love, and if the experience you love happens to be a giant warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and caramel on top, well, it's not the end of the world if I deviate from the diet now and again to enjoy that.

So that's really that about the Fat Friday segment.  I suspect I'll want to write about something else for a change.  Maybe the deficit, which is terrifying me with its "low but possible chance of losing all workstudy if no one can compromise" nature.  Not tonight, though.  Definitely not tonight.

Tonight is a time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment